In Collaboration With
Knowledge and Program Partner
The Emirates Family Office Association is proud to be a Knowledge and Program Partner of the “Innovate for Climate Tech” coalition, facilitated by COP28 UAE and our anchor partners, Masdar City, Tencent and Catalyst.
The coalition’s goal is to strengthen climate tech ecosystems globally, with a particular focus on the Global South, by driving forward innovation, collaboration and deployment within the space. The coalition will build an innovative online platform that seeks to create an inclusive climate technology ecosystem. It fosters innovation by connecting startups/scaleups, corporates, investors, knowledge contributors to form a diverse global community.
We recognize the urgent need to meet global climate goals and the pivotal role climate tech solutions will play in this and so are proud to be partnering with the trailblazing innovators, investors, policy makers and corporations below and above on this initiative.
Family Offices Discussion – Tech & Innovation Hub Stage
The Emirates Family Office Association will first be hosting the “Family Offices Discussion” panel on the Technology & Innovation Hub Stage. The Technology and Innovation Hub will contain a dedicated stage as part of the Presidency Agenda with two weeks of curated programming that explores the enabling role of technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship in tackling climate change.
The discussion will explore the synergies of family offices and climate leaders, and how family offices can differentiate themselves from other investors to capitalize on the forthcoming opportunities in the push towards a sustainable world.
The following speakers will be having the 50-minute discussion to share their unique insights:
- Moderator: Dr. Miray Zaki – Managing Director, Gulf Capital
- Adam Ladjadj – Founder, Emirates Family Office Association
- Julian Marwitz – Principal, Marwitz Family Office
- Roheen Berry – CEO, Wiesmann Sports
- Mark Tipping – CEO, EDEA Energy
- Adebola Adefehinti – CEO, Mainbridge Capital
Family Offices: The Next Wave of Capital
The Emirates Family Office Association and Tharawat Family Office Business Forum will then join together to host a first-of-its-kind invite-only Presidency evening event, “Family Offices: Unlocking the Next Wave of Capital”. The event will be held in the awe-inspiring DP World Pavilion and will comprise of keynote speeches and multiple panels of leading family offices, investors, and industry experts. The roles of family offices within the sustainability space, inspiring success stories, and future opportunities will be discussed.
The following speakers will be present at the even to share their unique insights:
- H.H. Mohammad Al Sabah – Chairman, Kuwait Artificial Intelligence
- H.E. Essa Al Ghurair – Chairman, Essa Al Ghurair Investment
- Omar Al Handal, Managing Director, Al Handal International Group
- Nadin Karadag, Board Member, INCO Group
- Vignesh Vijayakumar – COO/CFO, Saham International
- Tareq Almunajem, CIO, Almunajem Group7
To attend the COP28 UAE event at the Dubai Expo, we welcome you to follow the link provided below to access tickets that will provide you entry into the venue:
The overall schedule of the event is in the link COP28 Schedule & Agenda – Thematic Program – COP28 UAE
The following is the summary of the events we will be hosting:
- 2:50pm – 3:40pm: “Family Offices Discussion”
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm: “Family Offices: Unlocking the Next Wave of Capital”
We would be delighted if you could attend and we look forward to meeting you there!